Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Upgrading Alteryx from 2021.1 to 2021.2 makes the envs folder in Miniconda3 gone!

AllexJia
8 - Asteroid

I just updated Alteryx from 2021.1 to 2021.2 today, and the "envs folder" in Miniconda3 was gone .As a result, I can't run my workflow with python tools. How can I solve this problem?

AllexJia_0-1627303875162.png

10 REPLIES 10
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @AllexJia ,

Unfortunately it seems you have to reinstall Alteryx !

AllexJia
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Jean-Balteryx ,

Thanks for your advice, but I tried to install and overwrite alteryx for several times. And this couldn't solve the problem. I just wonder is it the alteryx version bug? 

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I'm not sure it's linked but have you installed Predictive tools ?

AllexJia
8 - Asteroid

I tried twice install with Predictive tools,but it still had envs folders.And then I tried install without Predictive tools ,it was the same result.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
AllexJia
8 - Asteroid

@Jean-Balteryx Thank you so much for your kind help. I tried the way your link referred to,but there were some error occured.

Now I want to change the version of alteryx back to the old one. Is there any possible way to do so? When we update alteryx, there is a downloading program running. Can I find the installation file the program downloaded? If so , I may find the previous version installation files...

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

To install the previous version you need to go to the download portal then select the previous version and install it. During the installation process you'll uninstall current version and install desired one.

MichaelSu
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @AllexJia ,

There could be some environmental issues that might be causing this issue. It would be good to submit a ticket to Alteryx Support so that they can take a look and get this logged. Can you please submit a ticket to support@alteryx.com and they should be able to help you out.

Thanks,

Mike

AllexJia
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much for your instruction,but I can't find the download portal.Could you pls give me the link?Appreciate your kind help so much!

Labels