Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Upgraded to 2020.4 from 2020.3 -OCILogon2 ORA-12154 TNS:could not resolve the connect

sk1909
8 - Asteroid

I recently upgraded from 2020.3 to 2020.4.  BIG MISTAKE!  Everything was working great before I upgraded!  I can't run anything that connects to my InDB!!  It works great in Toad but nothing in Alteryx. The longer it takes to fix, the deeper a hole I dig for myself. I'm already a week behind on my data extracts, now I'm going to be 2 weeks or more depending on how long it takes to get this fixed thanks to it being a holiday week.

Error: Dynamic Input In-DB (68): OCILogon2 Error: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

I did a complete uninstall from the control panel, went in and deleted every program folder that was recommended and reinstalled the previous version I've had since August. NOTHING!  I still can't get my connection to work and I have 2 multi-million dollar projects riding on this series of workflows.  This is my whole job, it's NOT just a product issue.  I'm dead in the water until someone can help me fix this.

I put a case in Friday afternoon and have not heard from anyone. Case # 00395182

I am open for suggestions and yes, I do realize it's a holiday week here in the states.

1 REPLY 1
sk1909
8 - Asteroid

I searched and searched and messaged and emailed everyone I knew to get help. I even reached out to Alteryx on Twitter.  No one has given me the answers I needed.  I took the error I got and pasted it into the search AGAIN.  I figured it out myself.  Alteryx needs to put a note somewhere that when you install an upgrade, the path to TNS Names may be deleted or changed during the uninstall of the older version or install of the new version.  This would have saved me 4 days of extreme anxiety if someone had told me to check the path when I got this error. I wasn't missing a driver.  The drivers weren't corrupt.  The TNS path was deleted and had to be reprogrammed.

Thank you to @alyssa_sedai for her suggestion back in March.  I followed the steps below and BAM! I was up and running.

sk1909_1-1606236403920.png

Labels