Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Upgrade to Office 365 broke my workflow - Connection to Access gives error

TeamTJ
8 - Asteroid

Our company upgraded to Office 365.  Now my workflow is broken.

My Input Data which connects to my Access Database (.accdb) is now giving the error "Error opening connect string: Can't create Data Source Object"

Suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
ivoller
12 - Quasar

Is this on your desktop version or the server? Do you have Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime (Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010) installed?

TeamTJ
8 - Asteroid

Desktop version.

And I don't believe so, but is that not just for 32-bit?

ivoller
12 - Quasar

I had a similar problem and had to load the 32-bit version even though I'm running on 64 bit windows and Alteryx

TeamTJ
8 - Asteroid

As soon as I installed this, it worked like a champ, thank you!

bprabhu2
5 - Atom

You mean 32 Bit of Microsoft access database Engine?

i do have same issue and i am unable to connect the Access and .xls files after upgrading to Office 365

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@bprabhu2

The users on this thread are referring to the 32bit version of Alteryx Designer.

Unfortunately, we no longer support the 32bit version of the software and do not havea download version available.

I would recommend reaching out to Support@alteryx.com with your access issue for further assistance.

Thanks,

TrevorS

Community Moderator
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@TeamTJ @bprabhu2 @ivoller 

I have a hypothesis about this.  It's possible that when Office 365 installs, it needs the Microsoft Access Database Engine Redistributable 2016.  I know from testing that one cannot install the 2016 redistributable if the 2010 is installed, and It's possible that Microsoft goes ahead and removes the Microsoft Access Database Engine Redistributable 2010 32-bit rendering Alteryx incapable of reading or writing Excel and Access files/databases.

I also know from testing that if the Microsoft Access Database Engine Redistributable 2016 64-bit is installed already, it is possible (at least on the machines I've tested) to install the Microsoft Access Database Engine Redistributable 2010 32-bit, and have both engine drivers installed.

So, although I don't know for sure that this will help, I think it's definitely worthwhile to try these steps:

1. Uninstall the 2016 32-bit if you have it,
  2. Install the 2016 64-bit if you need a 2016 driver, and then 
  3. Install the 2010 32-bit.

If you try this, please report back on whether it helped.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
bprabhu2
5 - Atom

Awesome Lisa,

i fixed it by Installing Microsoft Access Database Engine Redistributable 2016 64-bit

Workflow working fine now 

Thanks for your support 

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@bprabhu2 

Wonderful!  I'm glad to hear that!  

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels