Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Updating and R Package

alexjsanchez
5 - Atom

I'm new to Alterxy Designer, but in order to use the prophet forecasting package I need a version of rlang >= 0.3.0, but Alteryx's rlang is 0.2.0. I get a warning that rlang 0.3.4 is being masked by 0.2.0. How do either "unmask" rlang 0.3.4 or update from 0.2.0? 

If I try using remove.packages("rlang") in the R Tool and then installing rlang through the R Package Installer is completely breaks R in Alteryx and I have to uninstall and reinstall the R Prediction suite for Alteryx to get it back to normal. So I'm really reluctant to do any installing or removing with the R Tool (lest I have another hour to waste reinstalling everything).

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @alexjsanchez 

Safest way to update a package in R:

Open R.exe in the Alteryx root Folder:

Alteryx\R-3.4.4\bin

Run as administrator.

Type : install.packages("rlang")

Select CRAN mirror.

Done. Your rlang package should be updated to version 0.3.4

To check if it worked, type:

packageVersion("rlang")

Don't worry: this won't make you reinstall Alteryx Predictive Tools.

Cheers,

alexjsanchez
5 - Atom

Thanks Thableaus! I had to specify the lib in install.pacakges() to be the R library folder for Alteryx, but once I did that it worked like a charm :)

TimothyL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@alexjsanchez @Thableaus 

Recently, we have developed a Prophet Tool in R for more drag & drop features. See if it's helpful to you.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Science-Blog/Expand-Your-Predictive-Palette-III-I-Sales-Foreca...

Labels