Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Updating YTD values based on user input through analytic app

PN2527
8 - Asteroid

As per the requirement, I need to update the values based on the user input for a particular month. I tried to build the attach workflow, however it is not replacing the values in the output through server based on user input for another month.

Lets say the attached workflow is for March 2020. Now, user selects the year and month (2020 and 06 respectively), and enters the values for all 4 inputs of that month (06). Then the values entered for june should replace the march values in the output sheet downloaded from server.

Kindly help!

8 REPLIES 8
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @PN2527 ,

Here is a corrected one.

all was good. couple of things

if you look at the year field , data type is int16 size 2. I changed it to string size 4.

Also added a browse tool to be your output.

Check the output configuration in 

View -> Interface Designer -> on Seccess.

Hope you find it helpful.

PN2527
8 - Asteroid

@ImadZidan @echuong1 

This doesn't work. Even if I run the workflow without changing the size of the year field then also it runs fine. I think problem is something else.

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @PN2527 ,

Fair enough. Please try the workflow that I attached. I will attach it here too.

You see when I run the workflow for year 2021 and period 03 , nothing comes up. However, when running it for 2020 and period 03, that shows a result. see below screen shots. Please have a look at the workflow and you see the changes that I made.

2021.PNG2021 Result.PNG2020.PNG2020 Result.PNG

PN2527
8 - Asteroid

@ImadZidan 

Thanks for looking into this. There is a slight change in the requirement and I have tried to build the workflow for it but it not updating cirre tly. Please find the same workflow attached herewith.

Requirement:

User to update the two production values from the user input for different year and period. Lets say the values are as below:

Year Period Prod1 Prod2

2020       03 140     160

2020     06 250     180

Now, with the current workflow, I am able to input the values. However, year and period doesn't on changing the values.

Thank you

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @PN2527 ,

Your workflow seem to work perfectly or at leat how I understand it should work.

My understanding:

1- choose a year and a period that you want to update

2- Enter A1 production figure and A2 production figure

3- output the updates to a file.

I suspect when you run it, you are checking the file in the workflow which should not be the case. Check the file itself on the local machine and you will see that it updates. or click on the show outputlog and click on the link to the output file and you will see it. Screenshots below.

Let me know if my understanding is wrong and we will figure it out.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

PN2527
8 - Asteroid

@ImadZidan 

Your understanding is correct. Can you please try to run that workflow for any other period? You would observe that the new A1 and A2 values are updated however, period field still reflects 3.

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @PN2527 ,

I see, so you want to be able to update all fields. In this case your first filter should be replaced by formulas.

Please see attached. Run the workflow and see if this is what you want.

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

@PN2527 ,

correction

In this case your first two filters should be replaced by formulas.

Labels