Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Updating Python Scripts with Work Flow Data?

CamodCPA
8 - Asteroid
Hello All!

Currently I have a long process that ends with a python script that moves around excel sheets (See below).

I attempted to update the script and overwrite full paths. This is not possible. (Can not write to .py)

I am now looking to use the data in my data set as a variable in the script. (To update the File path)

I was thinking Alteryx.read() -> then using the data read in. Has anyone had luck with a similar tactic?
2 REPLIES 2
KP_DML
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Can you use code in the Python tool to update your .py file?

A cool thing I saw in the community, but haven't tried, is a macro that lets you read in a .py file and execute the code (within the Alteryx Python tool): https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Python-Code-Tool-Script-Runner-Macro-C... Perhaps you could use this to make the updates you need and then execute the script.

CamodCPA
8 - Asteroid

KP,

Thank you for showing me this. I Have not tested it, however, this is exactly what I was looking for. I am happy it has been Pre-built. I am going to edit some of the process.Then I will message you with an update!

Labels