Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Updating Python Scripts with Work Flow Data?

CamodCPA
8 - Asteroid
Hello All!

Currently I have a long process that ends with a python script that moves around excel sheets (See below).

I attempted to update the script and overwrite full paths. This is not possible. (Can not write to .py)

I am now looking to use the data in my data set as a variable in the script. (To update the File path)

I was thinking Alteryx.read() -> then using the data read in. Has anyone had luck with a similar tactic?
2 REPLIES 2
KP_DML
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Can you use code in the Python tool to update your .py file?

A cool thing I saw in the community, but haven't tried, is a macro that lets you read in a .py file and execute the code (within the Alteryx Python tool): https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Python-Code-Tool-Script-Runner-Macro-C... Perhaps you could use this to make the updates you need and then execute the script.

CamodCPA
8 - Asteroid

KP,

Thank you for showing me this. I Have not tested it, however, this is exactly what I was looking for. I am happy it has been Pre-built. I am going to edit some of the process.Then I will message you with an update!

Labels