Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Updating Column based on multiple parameters

Aviator0807
8 - Asteroid

I have a table that is updated manually every week using excel based on another excel file sent to me. I would like to automate this process using Alteryx. I want to update report week number(This number indicates how many times we have reported on that month so far for a given quarter) based on financial week and month. Obviously we are now in September but I will show you the first week to give you an idea of how its updated. The first week for 2021 would start on 01/04/2021 (First Monday of the year) and end on 12/27/2021 (Last Monday of the year).

This Alteryx is to be run weekly so next time it is run 01/04/201 --> 01/11/2021, 1 week is added & the "Report Week" should update by 1 too, unless report week is greater than 13. If "Report Week" is greater than 13 than we stop updating that month and add the next month. So in this case we drop December and start reporting March and its report Week becomes 1, as this is the first month we are reporting on it.

| Month | Finance Week | Report Week |
|-------|--------------|-------------|
| December | 01/04/2021 | 13|
| January | 01/04/2021 | 8|
| February | 01/04/2021 | 4|
| January | 01/11/2021 | 9|
| February | 01/11/2021 | 5|
| March | 01/11/2021 | 1|

So Next weeks report will be Finance week 9/27/2021 (I can get this from the file that is sent to me)   but I will not have any logic on how to automatically update the report week. I was thinking creating a separate table that contains all the possible | Month | Finance Week | Report Week | values then join that with what I have to get Report Week for the week I am in. 

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Aviator0807 

Thanks for posting to the Community!
In order for our users to better assist you please provide some of the following:

• A copy of your workflow
  • Detailed information on where you are encountering an issue
  • Sample data to test with

It always helps to see what work you have attempted so far so that the Community can help you where you need it most!
If you are just getting started on the Community, please check out the Interactive Lessons to get you started with the product.

Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
Nanoq
8 - Asteroid

Hey i think this is possible, but i need some clarification:
the idea is that from the current week number, you count the number of weeks untill start of a given month, and filter out those that are more than 13 weeks ago?
Let me know, and i will get to work

Labels