Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Update tool Configuration in Macro

DataBlender
11 - Bolide

Hi all

I've built a macro which uses the text to columns tool. I'd like to be able to configure the selection/deselection of the 'advanced options' of this tool (e.g. skip quotes in quotes) through the configuration of the parent macro.

Does anybody know how this could be done? When I attach the action tool to the text to columns, there doesn't appear to be an action corresponding to this function.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @DataBlender,

Have you tried adding a GroupBox to the Macro interface, put all the interface controls you want to hide/show, and a CheckBox inside the macro with the "Collapse Group when Deselected" ticked?

This will do the job.

Bob_Blackey
11 - Bolide

I couldn't find this in the help anywhere, but I had a hunch and tested with the debug mode.

You have to change the value in the flag field.

A value of :

1 - Checks The Ignore Delimiters in Quotes

2 - Checks the Ignore Delimiters in Parenthesis

8 - Checks the Ignore Delimiters in Single Quotes

16 - Checks - Skip Empty Fields

32 - Checks Ignore Delimiters in Brackets

If you want a combination you add the values :

ex.

40 gives you Single Quotes and Brackets

41 Single Quotes, Brackets and Quotes

Cheers,

Bob

value.png

DataBlender
11 - Bolide

Thanks @Bob_Blackey, does that also mean that to convert the user input (which will look the same as the check boxes in the original tool) into something that can update the tool, I'll need to assign a value to each option, sum them up and then update the value accordingly?

I guess the values are sequential powers of 2 to avoid ambiguity when summing them up to establish the options to be selected.

Bob_Blackey
11 - Bolide

Thanks @DataBlender, I learned a few things today :-)

The attached workflow shows you how to do it. There are of course other methods but this works.

Workflow.png

The key is the formula in the action:

action.png

You can use the formula builder (...) button to help build the formula.

The formula uses IIF functions to build the value.The surprise was that it requires a string to work, hence the ToString. If you use a numeric value it doesn't work.

Cheers,

Bob

DataBlender
11 - Bolide

Thanks @Bob_Blackey, we both learned something!

Labels