Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Update and insert to Snowflake DB using IN DB

Tharashasank
8 - Asteroid

Hi Experts,

Need some inputs i am building an workflow to Update and insert data from Oracle Db to  Snowflake DB using IN DB. Please help me this.

Thanks,

Shasank

7 REPLIES 7
Tharashasank
8 - Asteroid
fpinchon
8 - Asteroid

I have the same issue, any help would be welcome...

In my case, despite the Alter fucntion sI set in Alteryx's Pre-SQL, I am still gettin gerrors due to time stamp formats:

expecting TIMESTAMP_NTZ(9) but got TIMESTAMP_LTZ(9)

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Tharashasank @fpinchon Can you please try and set both the TIMESTAMP_TYPE_MAPPING and CLIENT_TIMESTAMP_TYPE to TIMESTAMP_NTZ. That should do the trick! 

Digan
Alteryx
fpinchon
8 - Asteroid

What worked for me is to insert as a Pre Create SQL Statement the following:

alter session set client_timestamp_type_mapping=timestamp_ntz;

It was not super intuitive, but now it works wonderfully!

I captured my whole experience here:

http://insightsthroughdata.com/how-to-load-data-in-bulk-to-snowflake-with-alteryx/ 

Cheers,

Frederic

Carl_J
6 - Meteoroid

@fpinchon,@diganP Do you know how I can resolve this issue when using Data Stream In tool? I am getting a similar error message but there is no option available to run pre-create SQL. I have tried all 3 creation modes but always get the error:

Error: Data Stream In (6): DataWrap2ODBC::SendBatch: SQL compilation error:

Expression type does not match column data type, expecting TIMESTAMP_NTZ(9) but got TIMESTAMP_LTZ(9) for column....

Carl_J
6 - Meteoroid

I have found a workaround using the DateTime tool to convert each date and datetime field to a string. They are then read as varchar in Snowflake. It works, but is not scalable as these fields would need to be specified for each different table. 

fpinchon
8 - Asteroid

Why do you have to use Data Stream? I have not met that situation before...

Labels