Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Update Value (Action tool) not working

maryas
8 - Asteroid

Hello Community, 

I was working on a sample workflow which selects the values greater than a user given value. But I'm facing issues as the workflow is executed taking the predefined value in the formula tool (40) and not the one dynamically given by the user when executed as analytic app.

Please find below the Action tool configuration and the sample workflow attached. Highly appreciate your valuable inputs.

Sample_output.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @maryas 

Change the config of your action tool to this

Action.png

By selecting the Expression line you're telling the Action tool which specific setting of the Filter tool to change

Dan

maryas
8 - Asteroid

@danilang  Thank you so much. Never thought that selection of the line was so important !

sudeeptandon
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @danilang,

I am trying to pass a certain amount of values using list box and then using the action tool to update the filter, however I am unable to do so. I did select the expression line in action tool as per your recommendation, however to no avail. The list box is linked to an external file with two columns Name and Value, both columns having the same value. The idea is to dynamically select the market from the list available and filtering the data coming in from behind for only those markets. The current configuration just outputs the default values of "Germany & Austria" and Null in the output as provided in the filter.

Problem.PNG

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @sudeeptandon 

The List Box-Action tool is tricky to configure correctly.  To replace a comma delimited list like in your example, you have to configure the List Box to output a list in the correct format by selecting Generate Custom List

danilang_0-1611403745648.png

Once you have that, you need to tell the Action tool to Replace a specific string and then select the corresponding string in filter criteria.

danilang_2-1611404383054.png

Dan  

Labels