Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Update Select Tool Via a Tree Tool

fimler
8 - Asteroid

Im trying to figure out how I can use the Tree Interface tool to update a Select Tool.  I have used a List Box Interface tool that connects  to a Action Tool and the Action Tool to a select.  In this configuration the Action Tool has an action type called "Update Select with multi-select ListBox".  This action type is not available in the Action tool when it is connected to a Select Tool.  Ive also noticed that the Tree Interface Tool passes the "Key Field" into the connected Action Tool instead of the "Description Field".  I would simple like to replace the List Box with a Tree.  Is that possible?  How would I configure things to accomplish this?  Any help/examples would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @fimler 

Are you attempting to allow the end user to deselect fields within the app/macro?

fimler
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Maskell_Rascal ,

I was attempting to allow the user to use the Tree to select the fields they wanted within the app, no deselect.  I was thinking the functionality would be similar to using a list box to update a select tool.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @fimler 

Tree tool is more specific used for browsing folder structure and XML tree structure. It doesnt support select on fields.

atcodedog05_0-1621568922174.png

On the other hand as you also said list box is the tool which you can use on select tool to select/deselect columns.

atcodedog05_1-1621568995146.png

Example files attached.

Hope this helps 🙂

If you give us more info on what you are looking for we can help you out 🙂

Supriya_Sarkar01
5 - Atom

Hi @fimler ,

Were you able to achieve this using a Tree Tool i.e. Providing user the capability to Select the Columns they want to export?

This is possible with List Box Tool. But I also wanted to achieve this using a Tree Tool because there are around 100 Columns that I want to provide the user. And there is no scrollability option in List Box Tool.

fimler
8 - Asteroid

I was not able to get this to work with the Tree Tool.....

Labels