Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Update Query from Input Data Tool

listale
6 - Meteoroid

Hello together, I would like to update the value "Table or Query" of a Input Data Tool (from "select *" to "select * from table.signals"),

which is configured for a PostgreSQL Database.

The Connection is saved as a Data Connection called "TSA".

Screenshots from the config:

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG5.PNG

Any ides why it does not work?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
DataNath
17 - Castor

Does this need to be dynamic? Or just a one-off change? As you can just open the SQL editor from the Input Data tool:

Modify SQL in Input Data.png

If it needs to by dynamic with your text input, where you've ticked 'Replace a specific string' - trim this down so it's only the 'select *' part (i.e. everything after |||).
listale
6 - Meteoroid

its just a first test, for the final version it needs to by dynamic...

DataNath
17 - Castor

Sorry @listale just made a quick edit whilst you were replying. In your second screenshot where you've highlighted the expression in 'Replace a specific string', I believe you need to trim this down to the 'select *' part (everything after |||).

listale
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @DataNath good idea, unfortunately does not work either

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

Your default text is not a valid SQL.  Just remove "aka:TSA|||".

Also, be sure to add a Browser tool after the Data Input tool and then check the Browser tool in the Interface Designer to display results, otherwise it will appear as if no results.

Robin_McIntosh_0-1656078617441.png

Robin_McIntosh_1-1656078658417.pngRobin_McIntosh_2-1656078695110.png

Labels