Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Update Output Tool - How to save data to a chosen excel file with specific ranges

Brytsyt
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I'm creating an app with the drop down options allowing you to choose where the source data comes from, but I am having issues trying to choose where I can save the data to once it has been manipulated.

I need to save the data I create to an excel template saved onto mine or anyone else's hardrive, as it is saving to a set template I need to save the data to specific ranges within the spreadsheet, I can do this manually by adding "$B6:R" to the end of the file destination in the Output tool interface however I cannot appear to update this through the Action tool.

Below is a quick screenshot to help show what I'm referring to:

Capture.PNG

I would be happy to provide test workflows if more info is needed but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards,

B.

2 REPLIES 2
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Brytsyt ,

I kinda get what you are looking for. Could you please share with us the workflow. Experimenting and testing helps to actually detect the problem :)

Cheers

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Brytsyt 

You should be able to get what you're looking for by configuring the action tool like this 

Config.png

Check the "Replace a specific string" and leave only the range in replace text box.  Any range that the user enters will replace the existing one.

Dan

Labels