Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Update MS Access Database Directly

NavNav
5 - Atom

I'm trying to update a field in my MS Access 2016 database but I get the following error when using the output data tool: 

Error: Error opening dbschema_primary_keys: Microsoft Access Database Engine: The parameter is incorrect.

I am using the Microsoft Access 16.0 Access Database Engine OLE DB Provider as the connector and have tested the connection as well. 

Have checked that the field names and data types in my Select tool and the database table match. 

Design view of my Access Table:

NavNav_0-1606399886042.png

Select Tool:

NavNav_1-1606399982235.png

Output Data Options:

NavNav_2-1606400070730.png

I'm stuck at this point having tried altering the data types and also the primary keys in the database. Any help will greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@NavNav 
From the error message, it seems that something wrong with the reading part.

Would it be possible to share the mdb file?

NavNav
5 - Atom

@Qiu, Yes, it could be.

I was able to connect to the file via ODBC and delete all data before appending the full list of updated data again. The update query failed again with ODBC as well because of missing Primary Key. 

The forum doesn't seem to allow mdb or accdb files to be uploaded. Any other format that works?

Labels