Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Update Endpoint with Pagination

Dennisklad1
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

my API Call with the Download tool returns 300 rows and I have to use pagination.

I am new to macros and need help in developing a workflow that updates the endpoint. For our api it goes like this:

"https://endpoint.com?$top=300&$skip=300", where I want to update the last value to go from 0 to 300 to 600 to 900 and so forth. This would give me all the data but I dont know how I could update the value with an interative macro if one is needed.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Dennisklad1 ,

I've used the Generate Rows tool for this, which allows the number to increment in values of 300:

mceleavey_1-1620212032741.png

mceleavey_0-1620212022068.png

Workflow attached.

Hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @Dennisklad1 

There is a very good example of using an iterative macro to call a paging API here.  It will have to be updated since the pagination details are different, but you should be able to use this as a start.

Dan

Dennisklad1
8 - Asteroid

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have a similar problem where I want to paginate my request per 300 request. I though the best way to go through all my results is to break the loop when the returned records are less than 300, meaning its the last page.

Dennisklad1_0-1620640207665.png

This is my macro, but I am not sure if its working correctly. I want per iteration the field parameter to increase by 300 and then as update the input url.

Labels