Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unwanted Characters - “&! nbsp;” populated in email sent through Alteryx

ImMoinak94
8 - Asteroid

Hi Members,

I am sending email through Alteryx which finally gets received in my Outlook mailbox. I am using Report Text tool to populate the email body. However, in few of my emails, an unwanted character &! nbsp reflects in a section which is supposed to contain only names. Requesting your help. Attached are the screenshots.

1. Microsoft Outlook Mailbox

2. Report Text tool

D1.PNG

D2.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Amarendra
10 - Fireball

Hi @ImMoinak94 Looks like you are using the names from the text field. How about using a data cleaning tool to remove the white spacing?

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @ImMoinak94 

Per @Amarendra , consider cleaning your [Text] field usage of the Data Cleansing Tool, or alternatively with the following expression in a Formula Tool to remove undesirable tabs, line breaks, and duplicate whitespace:

REGEX_REPLACE([Text],'\s+',' ')

ImMoinak94
8 - Asteroid

@Amarendra @HomesickSurfer Used both data cleansing tool and the formula tool to weed out the character, however, the problem stays as usual.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ImMoinak94 
Checked by Google, &! nbsp means you have extra spaces in bwtween tags.

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @ImMoinak94 

Outlook is changing the HTML source code as it attempts to reduce message size by removing format information not necessary to display the message.

Labels