Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unwanted Characters - “&! nbsp;” populated in email sent through Alteryx

ImMoinak94
8 - Asteroid

Hi Members,

I am sending email through Alteryx which finally gets received in my Outlook mailbox. I am using Report Text tool to populate the email body. However, in few of my emails, an unwanted character &! nbsp reflects in a section which is supposed to contain only names. Requesting your help. Attached are the screenshots.

1. Microsoft Outlook Mailbox

2. Report Text tool

D1.PNG

D2.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Amarendra
10 - Fireball

Hi @ImMoinak94 Looks like you are using the names from the text field. How about using a data cleaning tool to remove the white spacing?

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @ImMoinak94 

Per @Amarendra , consider cleaning your [Text] field usage of the Data Cleansing Tool, or alternatively with the following expression in a Formula Tool to remove undesirable tabs, line breaks, and duplicate whitespace:

REGEX_REPLACE([Text],'\s+',' ')

ImMoinak94
8 - Asteroid

@Amarendra @HomesickSurfer Used both data cleansing tool and the formula tool to weed out the character, however, the problem stays as usual.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ImMoinak94 
Checked by Google, &! nbsp means you have extra spaces in bwtween tags.

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @ImMoinak94 

Outlook is changing the HTML source code as it attempts to reduce message size by removing format information not necessary to display the message.

Labels