community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More
We will be upgrading the Gallery to our 2019.4 release this Saturday, December 7th beginning at 9:00am MT. We expect the outage to take last approx. 2.5 hours.

Unwanted Character (Â) in Table Output

Meteoroid

Hi all,

I'm getting this strange Character (Â) ...in addition to the intended Prefix for GBP £.  Any ideas on why...and how to fix it?

Thanks!

-Bill

UnintendedCharacter.PNG

Comet

This is probably being caused (at some level) by an encoding issue (UTF-8 vs  ISO 8859-1) -- this particular one (£ instead of £) is a problem that shows up fairly often (see the table at https://www.i18nqa.com/debug/utf8-debug.html)

I'm not sure how to fix it, but maybe if you search for UTF-8 encoding issues you might get somewhere!

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

What version are you using and how is the "£" character introduced? I was able to use it just fine.

20190318-GBPTable.png

Meteoroid

Thanks for testing this out.  It looks like it is only occurring in a particular module.  I tried re-creating the problem in a separate workflow like you've shown and my result shows only the pound sign.  I'm wondering if something else is occurring here because the problem table subsequently goes through layout and render tools...and then emailed. 

Meteoroid

Thank You... This is a great clue and useful information!

Labels