Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unsure how to proceed to compute a variance

kimberlyka
7 - Meteor

Hi all!

The backstory of my workflow is that I have two different Excel files that I am ultimately trying to join and derive a variance for each row in the file.

I added a 'TAG 1' in both files, which will ultimately compute a unique identifier for each row in the file; and will match across. I cleaned up both files to ultimately show only the TAG 1 as well as the PQ1-PQ9 values. I want to prompt Alteryx to compute a variance for each row based on the unique identifier. How can I go about this?

Currently, the files have not been joined together as the 'Join' tool is not triggering anything to connect.

Thank you so much in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @kimberlyka ,

Can you please post some mock data so we can help?

Thanks,

M.

Bulien

kimberlyka
7 - Meteor

Hello! 

Two sample files are attached and Tag 1 is set within a formula tool: [CPAS ID] + [Business Division] + [Sub Segment 1] + [Sub Segment 2]

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kimberlyka 

I think I have created the Tag for comparation, but dont know how to compute a variance as your mentioned.

210525-kimberlyka.PNG

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Did you want a variance vs mean PQ1-PQ9 by tag? I wasn't quite sure what you wanted - and obviously in the sample data the variance will end up being 0 since the data is all the same.

Labels