Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unpivot / Reverse Pivot data

shivarajukuncham
5 - Atom

Friends i have a requirement to transpose few columns to rows from 50 columns and remaining columns should be in the same position.

please help me in this.

for your reference i am attaching the screenshots.

1. actual data

1.JPG

Required formatRequired formatThanks,

Thanks,

Shivaraju

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi Shivaraju

Any time you have complex data like yours, it always helps us if you can include sample data as opposed to a screen shot.  It just makes it much more likely that someone will help you if they don't have to spend 10 minutes recreating the input data.  It would also help to attach any workflow that you may have started on.

Thanks

Dan

shivarajukuncham
5 - Atom

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response, as you asked i am attaching sample data.

i am completely new to Alteryx i do not have any idea how to start.

Thanks,

Shivaraju

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Fun challenge.

Transpose is always the tool to use when pivoting your data, but your usecase requires some further prep.

Example attached.

Ben

shivarajukuncham
5 - Atom

Hi Ben

thanks for your time and solution, this logic working as i expected but after transposing all my columns data arranging one below the other and when i get that into new column its writing in next row not in same row.

for your reference i am attaching a screenshot, issue highlighted in yellow color.

i tried multi row toll but not working, it will be a great help if any solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Shiva

Labels