Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unix (Epoch) Timestamp

OriginalAdrian
7 - Meteor

Hi Community,

Does anyone have a way to obtain an Epoch timestamp?

"Count the seconds since 1970"

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
OriginalAdrian
7 - Meteor

I should note that I am trying to accomplish Oauth 1.0 authentication with an API. I can recreate some existing Oauth2.0 connectors when needed but this 1.0 one is proving to be a problem. 

The API requires a hashed signature that I need Unix time to create. 

If anyone has an example of OAuth 1.0, not 2.0 signature creation I would greatly appriciate it!

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Not sure about the Oauth questions, but the expression to get the number of seconds since 1/1/1970 would be...

DateTimeDiff(DateTimeNow(), '1970-01-01', 'seconds')

You'd probably need to adjust for your time zone.

OriginalAdrian
7 - Meteor

Much appriciated Rod 

Sudharshan_Sannathi
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks a lot @RodL . This saved me lot of time.

MLRM
6 - Meteoroid

This is probably simple but how do I incorporate this formula with some other text in the same column. See below: 

This way works: 

MLRM_0-1624576718488.png

This way does not: 

MLRM_1-1624576739265.png

How do I get it to work in the second formula. Probably just a small error in syntax or data type mismatch. 

Thanks, 

Marshall

Scott_Snowman
10 - Fireball

In case anyone else stumbles across this while searching or @MLRM never got resolution:

Based on the screenshot, the [Count] field is most likely an integer data type.

Use ToString([Count])to be able to concatenate it into a text expression as desired.

Labels