Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unique tool

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

As shown in the picture below I want to use the Unique tool with ZD column but I have one problem, the unique tool will take the first value like in row number 8 and row number 11 the unique will take 8 while I want to take 11 because the status is 3.

I have 4 types of status 1,2,3 and 4. What I want is that if the ZD is duplicated and the status 1 with 2 or 4 chose the row with status 1. And if the status 3 with 2 or 4 take the row with status 3. Note that there is no chance to have  status 1 and  3 with the same ZD.

Any help in that please?

re.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Hi @Feras95p ,

Any time you want to apply custom business logic a single tool will rarely do the trick. I'd recommend finding all statuses associated with each ZN. From there I'd use a formula to determine which status you want to keep and filter to records where the Status of that record matches the Status to Keep. I included a screenshot and example workflow - does this accomplish what you're looking for?

kayers_0-1590523564534.png

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Great work! Thank you, I was wondering if I can achieve the same of your output if I add a sort tool before the unique tool and sort the status manually like 1,3,2 and 4 and then adjust it ascending. But I don't know how can I sorting manually.   

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Yep! If your business logic is a simple prioritization then you could use a custom sort order to put the record you want on top. This is probably the better approach than the one I initially proposed. That solution would look like this:

kayers_0-1590525116243.png

Labels