Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unique macro with tool anchor locations switched

nick_schimweg
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Is it possible to create a macro where the only desire is to switch unique tool anchor locations? The current vertical layout of the unique tool has the unique output on the  left. I'd like to create a macro (embed the unique tool) where the unique output is on the right (vertical orientation). This is purely for aesthetic purposes while creating workflows.

4 REPLIES 4
JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Absolutely! The order in which you lay the macro output tools in the macro will dictate where they show on the tool. To make the "D" output on the left of the vertical layout, be sure that macro output has been made before you make the "U" output.

nick_schimweg
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the quick reply. I can see what I did wrong... I had the action pointing to the selection (highlighted). We're migrating from alteryx 8.5 and the 'new' way to write macros is still a bit confusing.

Capture.PNG

nick_schimweg
8 - Asteroid

I noticed you used the standard unique icon so... Are the standard tool icons in 'runtime data' or have they been moved somewhere else? 

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can the unique icon in:

Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\HtmlAssets\help.alteryx.com\AlteryxCurrent

Labels