Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unique Values in a Field

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hello --

Is there a way to write a regex statement to pull out unique values in a field?

If I have:

UK101, UK101, GA199, GA234, US100, US100

And I want to return: UK101, GA199, GA234, US100 -- how would i construct a regex to do this for me?

Thanks,

Seth

3 REPLIES 3
PeterP
8 - Asteroid

Hi @smoskowitz,

When you refer to a field, do you mean that the following values are within the same column? If so, you could simply use the unique tool on the field. 

If you meant that your values are comma delimited inside of a single cell, you could also use the text to columns tool to parse the cell into multiple rows and perform a unique on that field as well.

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I'd probably go with the split and unique approach but:

REGEX_Replace([Field1], "\b(([A-Z0-9]+),\s*)(?=.*\2)", "")

Will do it in a single regex

KRBergen
5 - Atom

I have a similar challenge, but the values that need to be parsed/identified as unique, are 1 to 3 characters long and are numbers (string) between 0 - 9,  For example, 9, 13, 344, 9, 18, 13, 344, 452 should yield: 9, 13, 18, 344, 452.  Since total record/row count is 100k+, I think the RegEx/Replace is the desired approach, but this expression didn't work in my case: 

REGEX_Replace([Concat_Group], "\b(([A-Z0-9]+),\s*)(?=.*\2)", "")

My "Column to Parse" is labeled "Concat_Group" column, which I changed in the original expression (was [Field_1] ).  Are there any other edits needed in this expression to yield the example shown above?

Thanks,

Kevin

Labels