Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unique Tool output processing order

PPillai
7 - Meteor

Hi,

In my workflow I need to process all the duplicate records first before processing the unique records from the unique tool.  Is there anything I can do so that all records from the D anchor is available before it start processing the records from U anchor.

It looks like when records are passed through the unique tool all the duplicate records are not in the D anchor  before it start processing the U anchor output. I have 9829 records unique records as well as duplicate records. All unique records are showing in the, but only 9472 records showing but later on before the workflow is finished the count will show as 9829. 

PPillai_0-1591797311437.png

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @PPillai 

In situations like this, you could use the Parallel Block Until Done tool from the CReW macros:

http://help.chaosreignswithin.com/ParallelBlockUntilDone.html 

(If you don't already have the CReW macros, you can download them here: http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html )

That being said, are you saying that both sides have the correct output to the rest of the workflow, but the tool tip shows an incorrect number? If that's your concern, I would ignore it. The per-tool annotation that appears while the workflow is running is just an estimate of the data or processing and may not be completely accurate. If both sides output the 9829 records they should, then you're all good.

PPillai
7 - Meteor

Hi @CharlieS 

Thank you for the quick reply. I am not concerned about the display of number showing. I think I was looking for the block until done which can take two input. I think the crew macro parallel block is the tool I am looking for, but unfortunately these workflows need to run on the Server and what I understand is that Crew Macros are not supported by Alteryx if running from the server.

Thank you.

Labels