Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

[Unique Tool] How remove duplicates by having a date as a parameter?

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hello all!

I need to remove a feel duplicates based on the latest change hour.

The column that I have configured in "Unique Tool" is ""TS_TEST_ID". However as you can see, for the example:

Number: 297093 we have different status "Passed" and "Blocked". The latest update for this test was on 14:49:54, therefore this is the one that should stay on the workflow. But the unique tool removes the first one, which means that the wrong information is passing through the workflow.

Joker_Hazard_0-1623704153561.png

Is there a way to avoid that?

Tks

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Joker_Hazard 

Have you tried sorting the data prior to the unique tool? If you sort based on ID and Execution time you should be able to order the data in a way that will get you the results you want.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I would recommend to use the Sample tool

Do the sort by your "TS_TEST_ID" and "RN_EXECUTION TIME", then set the N = 1 and group by these two columns.

Capture1A.PNG 

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Qiu, thanks for the reply.

I tried to set up this tool but didn't change anything in the workflow. Would you explain to me how can this be helpful for workflows in general? I still struggle to understand this tool. Or could recommend me a video or something alike 🙂

Tks

Labels