Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unioning Multiple Summarize Tools to Get Group and Total

carimoffitt
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone, I could use some help ASAP! I think this should be an easy solution I just can't seem to find it. I am using a summarize tool to group by grocery store item categories, then count how many distinct items are in that category. However I also want to get a total count of distinct items across all item categories. Can this be done in one summarize tool? I have it set up in two, one to get my total and the other to get the totals for each separate group, and then I unioned them, but I want them all on the same line. Anyone have a solution?

carimoffitt_0-1587738038557.png

2 REPLIES 2
AMansour
11 - Bolide

Hi @carimoffitt 

I don't think that you can do both in the same summarize. I'll go for Distinct Item by Category then the total distinct. then you can use Append Fields to append the total to each row then you can calculate the percentage.

Hope that helps you

cheers

Amr

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

If you want them in the same line, you can use a Join tool with join by record position. This will essentially just place the R set of data to the right of the L set of data.

Labels