Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Union tool memorizes the fields

praneshsapmm
8 - Asteroid

Hello ,

I have this peculiar issue . 

I have data which generates aeging buckets : 

0-30   30-60 60-90 90-180 

I am using union tool to merge two data streams before generating output . 

But at times union tool generates error '60-90 field is missing in union'  whenever there is no data in input for 60-90 bucket . 

Also , this issue gets resolved when i rerun the workflow . Strange .

Any support appreciated .

8 REPLIES 8
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @praneshsapmm 

ok you are saying there is an issue at first run but it gets resolved in second run. Thats definitely is strange.

Maybe the column was not initialized at first run. But it gets initialized after first run. And works properly for second run.

Just a thought 🤔 Not fix.

praneshsapmm
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

Yes may be true . 

How to fix this  .

When the workflow is executed manually we can re run . But on job this leads to job fail. 

Thanks.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @praneshsapmm 

I understand where you are coming from.

I dont know the fix. Either you can wait for some time others to respond if no response you can reach out to

support@alteryx.com mail id.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@praneshsapmm 

Agree with @atcodedog05 , are you certain the inputs are same for two runs?

and for the union itself, there are options on how to proceed when fields differ.

キャプチャ.PNG

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Qiu 

Just add to it.

I think manual config on Union Tool not Auto config by name. Thats why its running into error.

praneshsapmm
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu ,

The issue is because one of the does not have data in the first run . In the second run when the file is loaded again issue is solved. 

Thanks.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @praneshsapmm 

Suggestion dont manually config the Union tool. Use a select before Union to rename(to match) and in Union Auto config by name. That should work.🙂

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @praneshsapmm 

I tried to reproduce it, but I couldn't do it.

To avoid errors, you might try adding data stream that have only header by Text Input tool?

AkimasaKajitani_0-1606912170699.png

Labels