Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Union conteiners' output

Andrzej
8 - Asteroid

I have a app with 2 workflows. I disable containers to define which part of workflow should run. In one part of workflow data from container one and two has this same schema so I would like to join them and proceed further with one workflow. So after this union workflow should have this same calculations and output. But when I tried to do it I an getting an error.  

Andrzej_0-1611314989760.png

This union does not contain any data, because 1 container was disabled. In this case data should come from first container. 

Andrzej_1-1611315063161.png

Is it possible to achieve this?

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Andrzej,

This isn't the best solution but probably it will work if you will have one additional input tool as a dummy one. It can have no records inside but the headers should be there. 

For my best knowledge, it should start working. If it will not I hope you will not spend too much time on testing it. 

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Andrzej 

You'll only get no data if both containers are disabled. You can see this when playing around with the attached example workflow.

I'd suggest playing around with it in a normal workflow first to understand the behaviour when you disable either or both containers.

Once you're happy with the outcome, look to adding it into an app to check if your logic for enabling and disabling the containers works correctly.

DavidP_0-1611316926544.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Andrzej 
Can you check your union settings.

We use it all the time for online and offline mode.

Qiu_0-1611317421650.png

Andrzej
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Emil_Kos 

This has helped me, thank you for this solution 

Labels