Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unified Data Structure

suby
11 - Bolide

I have a sample Input Dataset with

Date

ID

Status 

Insured

Then i derive two addition columns 'STATUS FLAG' & INSURANCE FLAG' based on some sample random conditions up to this point is fine.

The key point here is

I want to scan through all My IDs and then apply the 'STATUS FLAG' & INSURANCE FLAG' logic and bring the desired expected output as attached..

suby_0-1623693179298.png

Note that the solution should not be just based on transposing or crosstab to get the desired output rather i want the 

STATUS FLAG' & INSURANCE FLAG'  logic should be applied vertically and bring the desired result output.

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@suby 
it seems not difficult, but I failed to understand the logic between you input and output.

Can you give us a bit more information?

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi Qiu, 

Thanks i have the input data with my 4 columns  and then I'm building some additional 2  formula columns( just for sample i built this logic) with logic horizontally.

On my output  i want to have this RULE flag basically this rule flag is just a naming convention for my user

RULE 1 STAUS FLAG CHECK 

RULE 2 INSURED FLAG CHECK

but the underlying condition for this rule flag would be STATUS FLAG' & INSURANCE FLAG' .

Basically trying to apply the STATUS FLAG' & INSURANCE FLAG'  column logic vertically and by  creating 

RULE 1 STAUS FLAG CHECK  & RULE 2 INSURED FLAG CHECK just for naming convention.

Labels