Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unhandled Exception adding SQL to Input Tool

TC53
5 - Atom

Hello.

I am having problems with a Windows 10 installation of Alteryx Designer.

I have a workflow that runs perfectly well on a Windows 7 machine but not on Windows 10.

The problem appears to be with the Input Tool.

I have a reasonably long piece of SQL code which has never caused issues before, but whenever I put it into the windows 10 system I get an unhandled exception error.

If I randomly cut out about half of the code it stops giving the error, but I obviously can't do that as the SQL would make no sense.

I have found an error log which has the following:

Alteryx Designer x64 - 11.7.4.37815
Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException
Source: System.Drawing
OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
OS Is x64 Capable: True
Selected Plugin: AlteryxBasePluginsGui.BrowseV2.BrowseV2
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600 CPU @ 3.50GHz
Private Memory: 295415808
--------------------------------------------
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.MeasureString(String text, Font font, SizeF layoutArea, StringFormat stringFormat)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridStaticCellModel.OnQueryPrefferedClientSize(Graphics g, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo style, GridQueryBounds queryBounds)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellModelBase.CalculatePreferredCellSize(Graphics g, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo style, GridQueryBounds queryBounds)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelColWidthsIndexer.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo range, GridResizeToFitOptions options)
   at AlteryxGuiToolkit.OutputWindow.OutputWindowV3.GridControl1_Resize(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmWindowPosChanged(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.WndProc(Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Is there some limit imposed somewhere on the length of code and how do I get round this please.

My DB connection is 32bit Oracle OCI

Alteryx version 11.7.4.37815 on both machines

Thank you...

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I would submit this to Alteryx Support so it can be investigated as a bug.

TC53
5 - Atom

There is a workaround that I am currently using, and that is to NOT use a database alias at present. Instead I just use a 32bit OCI connection and that seems to be working.

Thank you...

Labels