Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unhandled Exception Error 2019.3

avavalley
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

Not quite sure why I got this error but it will not go away regardless of my workflow I have open.  I think it happened after I accidentally imported an older charting tool within a premade workflow I was working with, however I have deleted that and am still getting the error.

Is there some way I can fix this on my own?

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
contextworld
7 - Meteor

So I shall upgrade to 2020.1 and see if this persists, right?

contextworld
7 - Meteor

I also made sure that the Regional settings are set to English (United Kingdom), still the same Unhandled exception, and this happens only on this particular user profile, if I sign into the computer using any other profile, the unhandled exception doesn't happen anymore. Will update once upgraded to 2020.1.

contextworld
7 - Meteor

SOLVED/FIXED! POTENTIAL SOLUTION IF THE ERROR IS USER-PROFILE SPECIFIC:

I upgraded to Alteryx 2019.4.

The error persisted. I also noticed it was only for that user profile.

So, I uninstalled Alteryx once more, completely, deleting every Alteryx reference in %appdata%\Local and %appdata%\Roaming, also from %programdata% and Program Files. (backed up Macros and data connections). Then I proceeded to install Alteryx 2019.4 again. Once installed, I have restored the macros and the data connections and this is everything, done, no more Unhandled exceptions.

Maybe everyone should consider this if they are running out of ideas.

This worked for Unhandled Exception caused by, as mentioned in the error logs:

Type: System.FormatException
Source: mscorlib

But I think it would work for any other Unhandled Exceptions, no matter the log message, just try to run Alteryx from a different user profile, if it works with no errors and you have ran out of ideas or other ways to fix it, this may be the fix, as apparently something in the user-profile goes wrong. At least this was the case this time. Will update this if I ever encounter it again or find another kind of behaviour and solution. 

Thank you very much for your assistance @jpoz.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

These issues should be resolved in the 2020.1 release, which is available here: http://downloads.alteryx.com/

Labels