Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unhandled Exception Error 2019.3

avavalley
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

Not quite sure why I got this error but it will not go away regardless of my workflow I have open.  I think it happened after I accidentally imported an older charting tool within a premade workflow I was working with, however I have deleted that and am still getting the error.

Is there some way I can fix this on my own?

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

When do you see the exception? When you click on the file menu?

nandinihegde
5 - Atom

Hi I see this exact error when I click on the File menu..do u know how to resolve that?

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

Try wiping the registry entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SRC\Alteryx\10.0\MRU (using regedit)

I would recommend exporting to back it up first, but this may fix your issue. If not, I have one other thing you can try.

contextworld
7 - Meteor

Hey JPoz, I am having the same issue and this did not solve it. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you send me a private message with your email address? I will look up the exception you are receiving.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you also look for and wipe registry entries in:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SRC\Alteryx\4.0\MRU

contextworld
7 - Meteor

Deleting those entries as well solved the issue!

Thanks a lot JPoz!

contextworld
7 - Meteor

Good afternoon Jpoz,

I have another user encountering this, and deleting those 2 entries no longer works.

This error pops up only when logging with his user profile, if I login with mine it doesn't seem to throw any Unhandled exception anymore.

Please let me know what I shall do.

Thank you!

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can also try deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SRC\Alteryx\GalleryCredentials ?

Labels