Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unhandled Exception Error 2019.3

avavalley
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

Not quite sure why I got this error but it will not go away regardless of my workflow I have open.  I think it happened after I accidentally imported an older charting tool within a premade workflow I was working with, however I have deleted that and am still getting the error.

Is there some way I can fix this on my own?

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

When do you see the exception? When you click on the file menu?

nandinihegde
5 - Atom

Hi I see this exact error when I click on the File menu..do u know how to resolve that?

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

Try wiping the registry entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SRC\Alteryx\10.0\MRU (using regedit)

I would recommend exporting to back it up first, but this may fix your issue. If not, I have one other thing you can try.

contextworld
7 - Meteor

Hey JPoz, I am having the same issue and this did not solve it. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you send me a private message with your email address? I will look up the exception you are receiving.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you also look for and wipe registry entries in:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SRC\Alteryx\4.0\MRU

contextworld
7 - Meteor

Deleting those entries as well solved the issue!

Thanks a lot JPoz!

contextworld
7 - Meteor

Good afternoon Jpoz,

I have another user encountering this, and deleting those 2 entries no longer works.

This error pops up only when logging with his user profile, if I login with mine it doesn't seem to throw any Unhandled exception anymore.

Please let me know what I shall do.

Thank you!

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can also try deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SRC\Alteryx\GalleryCredentials ?

Labels