Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Underline in hyperlinks

SamvitS
6 - Meteoroid

I am usinf the visual layout tool to generate emails which have hyperlinks in them. When the email is getting generated i see the hyperlinks are underlined.

How can i remove the underlines.

11 REPLIES 11
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@SamvitS - could you provide us an example (maybe with dummy data) of your visual layout tool setup? It might be easier for the broader community to come together and help you out.

SamvitS
6 - Meteoroid

Cannot share the canvas asbit has confidential info.

I have used a report text tool to insert the hyperlink in visual.layout. visual layout is connnected to a email tool with body of email is selcted as layout

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Can you take a look at the attached sample solution and replicate (to the extent possible) your setup in it? I am looking to recreate your existing setup to better understand and help.

SamvitS
6 - Meteoroid

Abhilash I am looking to generate an email.

This is how my workflow looks:

1. It starts with a report text tool: in this tool i have the company banner and logo on top which i did using the insert image option

Below i have a paragraph and within this paragraph there is a hyperlink to another website (say it is youtube.com). I inserted the hyperlink using the add hyperlink option in the report text tool. The hyperlink has a url and display name.

2. Report text is connected to a visual layout. Visual layout is configured to an email.

3. Visual layout is connected to an email tool

Problem is when the email is generated youtube.com is underlined in blue

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Ah I see, I am not sure how to remove the underline from the URL's at this point. I'll keep looking around and get back if I find an answer.

Perhaps someone else in the community might have an immediate answer.

@fmvizcaino or @danilang - sorry to bother you both, but do you happen to have an immediate answer to @SamvitS's ask? 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SamvitS and @AbhilashR ,

Sadly, I don't have a solution for this. I've tried using the expert mode but I wasn't able to remove the underline, looks like it is something locked for hyperlinks.

Maybe I'm in the right path.

fmvizcaino_0-1585720495666.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @SamvitS 

The format used for hyperlinks is determined by the application that displays them and not the application that generates them.  If you want to remove the underline in the email, you'll need to change the hyperlink style in the email program that you're using.  Here's a link that show you how to change the hyperlink style in Outlook.  Note that when I tried this, Hyperlink wasn't in the list of styles that was first displayed.  I had to click Options and select All Styles 

o.png

This does have to been done for all the recipients of the email.  

Dan

SamvitS
6 - Meteoroid

Thats awesome, thanks Dan

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@danilang , you are a legend!!!!!!! 

@SamvitS , please mark Danilang's answer as correct, please 🙂

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels