Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to see or select custom dimensions in Google Analytics with connector

RoMendez
5 - Atom

Hello,

I see in the documentation that the GA tool should notify me of certain combinations of metrics or dimensions available with custom dimensions, but it doesn't do that, and I can't see or select custom dimensions in the tool. It appears others have reported this issue here but I don't see any resolution. How can I select custom dimensions when pulling in data using the connector for Google Analytics?

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @RoMendez 

Thank you for posting to the Community!
In order for the community to assist you, can you provide some additional information?

When you mention the custom dimensions, are you referring to the segments that can be selected within the tool?

If so, can you send a few screenshots of what segments the tool is showing vs the segments that are missing?

If you were able to resolve this issue, please reply back with what you did to resolve so that other members can take note!
Thanks,
TrevorS

Community Moderator
RoMendez
5 - Atom

Hello,

I actually was able to get it to work by saving my project, closing and reopening. I'm now able to see the custom dimensions in my Google Analytics configuration. 

Labels