Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to schedule process with run command tool

g_rose
7 - Meteor

I have an python script that does some basic ETL. I have a bat file that runs the script. It works fine when run on my local machine as well as when I run it manually on the alteryx designer on the server. However, when scheduled and run through gallery, I get an error that says:

The external program "C:\python_for_alteryx\bat_files\test.bat" returned an error code: 1 (Tool Id: 1)

Any suggestions on how to fix this? The path for my run external program command, working directory, and read results are all identical on both the server and my local machine. All files are in the same spots with the same names. I looked at some other forum posts and tried their suggestions but nothing has worked so far.

1 REPLY 1
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I've found that there are two common problems with scheduled modules: access and permissions. Access means ensuring that all dependency paths are valid. It sounds like you have this covered since you've logged into that machine and ran the program.

The next thing to consider is permissions/credentials. Assuming the server that's running this scheduled module is a Windows machine, go to Services and right-click the Alteryx service. In the Properties > Log On you can set the credentials used by Alteryx on that machine. Save your credentials in there and see if that works.

ServiceCredentials.png

Labels