Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unable to run the flow successfully when connected with SharePoint Document Library

gillelaganesh
6 - Meteoroid
Hi Team,

Greetings!

One of the user from my team has been facing the issue with Alteryx Designer automation flow. Actually, the flow aim is, at the output it should generate a excel file in SharePoint document library. he had given the link of the document library in Alteryx flow. but unfortunately, he is getting the error to execute that flow automatically.

He can be able to run the flow manually and it gets succeeded too. But when he tries to run it automatically, he is coming up with the error. Please find the attached error screenshot for your reference and do the needful asap.

Thanks!

Regards,
G Ganesh.
10 REPLIES 10
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@gillelaganesh 
The link is pointing to your local location of One Drive.

So if you are using Files on-Demand option in one drive, the data is not saved in the local drive.

Try to get the "Real" link by going to your onedrive, and open the file in File exploire and copy the link from there.

gillelaganesh
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Qui,

We have given the Real link too. But it didn't get worked out.

I've seen one of the article from the community, that Alteryx doesn't support the SharePoint document library files or folders to pull and store the data. Is it true?

Kindly suggest me on this.

Thanks!

Regards,

G Ganesh.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@gillelaganesh 
As you know, we can use the option "View in File Explorer" to view files in File Exploer.

The link in File Explorer is the "Real Link" I meant.

We have been working with file saved in Sharepoint for sometimes and only things, from time to time, we need to refresh the conenction by clck the option "View in File Explorer" again.

SharePoint.PNGSharePoint1.png

gillelaganesh
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Qiu, 

Thanks for the response. You mean I need to save that File explorer Real Link in Alteryx settings?. So that it would get worked out.

Regards,

G Ganesh.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@gillelaganesh 

Correct. That is how we are doing it.

gillelaganesh
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Qiu,

Thanks!. We'll try and let you know the outcome.

Regards,

G Ganesh.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @gillelaganesh 

@gillelaganesh wrote:

Hi Qui,

We have given the Real link too. But it didn't get worked out.

I've seen one of the article from the community, that Alteryx doesn't support the SharePoint document library files or folders to pull and store the data. Is it true?

Kindly suggest me on this.

Thanks!

Regards,

G Ganesh.

Just a clarification.  The built-in connectors, SharePoint List Input and SharePoint List Output only support SharePoint lists and not document libraries.  But the OneDrive method that you're using, can access the document libraries on SharePoint

Dan

gillelaganesh
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Dan,

Thanks for came out with the information. you mean, Alteryx flow doesn't support to generate an output files (Excel) in SharePoint (Online) document library. 

We have been trying to push the output file into SharePoint document library by using Alteryx automation flow. we are getting the error like " You can't access the folder". Same error snip has been added attachments list. 

We can be able to run it manually, But while trying to execute it automatically it gets out with error. Kindly suggest over this.

Thanks!

Regards,

G Ganesh.

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Can you clarify what you mean by "run automatically?" Are you using the Scheduler or Server product to do this?

Those will run as a local service account, which likely doesn't have access to the sharepoint. You'd need to create run as credentials that have access.

Labels