Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to read the files from the sub folders of List (using Sharepoint input tool)

Aparanjith
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am trying to connect to the sharepoint site with the sharepoint input tool. But under the list "Documents" we have few other subfolders from where we need to pull the files. But we select List as "Documents" and View as "All Documents" we are not able to get what files we need (it is not getting the files from all the sub folders it has). 

And if we give the full url path in the Share point URL section, it is failing with the below error. Is there any way we can get the files from the sub folders within the List "Documents"?

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Aparanjith 

Are you wanting to pull in files from SharePoint into your workflow, or do you just want to see a list of the files out there?

Thanks!

Phil

Aparanjith
7 - Meteor
We want to pull the files from the sharepoint site.
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

@Aparanjith 

Got it! If you have a lot of files that are being pulled into the workflow, I'd recommend that you sync the SharePoint folder with your desktop. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sync-sharepoint-files-and-folders-87a96948-4dd7-43e4-aca1...

This will allow you to pull in multiple files at a time using directories, dynamic inputs, etc. 

If its more of a one off thing, you can use this method: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Connect-Alteryx-Designer-to-Excel-in-S...

Finally, if you have multiple users needing to run this same workflow, I would recommend using dynamic inputs and storing your workflow on the SharePoint. This would allow any users with a synced SharePoint folder to open and run the workflow without needing to remap the folders every time. 

Thanks!

Phil

Labels