Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to read and write to same hyper file

slauerma
5 - Atom

I am running version 2019.4 and I am reading in a Hyper file and trying to write output to the same Hyper file.  It looks like the file is being left open from the read, but is there a way to force it closed?  I have tried the "Block Until Done" and the Crew Macro "Label Block Until Done" with no luck.  Has anyone else experienced this with Hyper files?

Here is the error message:

Error: Output Data (60): Could not connect to the Hyper server.
Context: 0xdd2eba0e

Caused by:
error opening database 'C:\Users\slauerma\Daily Load.hyper':
There was an error during loading database 'C:\Users\slauerma\Daily Load.hyper': database file "\\?\C:\Users\slauerma\Daily Load.hyper" is locked by another process: CreateFileW("\\?\C:\Users\slauerma\Daily Load.hyper"): operation would block
Context: 0xd6232f85

Hyper Error.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @slauerma,

if I see this correctly, the error is caused by the second attempt to write. I'd use the CreW Macro "Wait a second" and configure it to 1-5 seconds. This is usually is enough time for the OS to remove the write-block.

Best

Alex

slauerma
5 - Atom

@alex, @grossal thank you that worked. Just be careful with the Crew Macro: Wait a Second, it pauses between each record, so I just did a sample of the first 10 then the Wait a Second.

johand_erst
7 - Meteor

Hi @SL or @grossal 

Can you explain a bit more where and how to huse the Wait a Second macro by Crew?

I get the error through the scheduler, but when I run the scheduled workflow outside the scheduler, the error does not occur. Would you expect that using this macro has an effect through the Scheduler?

Start: Designer x64: Started running at 2022-04-28 09:30:24
Error: Tool #162: The file "\\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift_dagens_backup.hyper" could not be overwritten.
Error: Tool #158: error opening database 'fremdrift': There was an error during loading database "hyper.file:\\s-tableau-p03\Corona\SAG_kompdata\fremdrift.hyper": The database file "\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............fremdrift.hyper" cannot be opened in `read-write` mode: CreateFileW("\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift.hyper"): Access is denied.
Error: Tool #163: error opening database 'fremdrift': There was an error during loading database "hyper.file:\\s-tableau-..............fremdrift.hyper": The database file "\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............fremdrift.hyper" cannot be opened in `read-write` mode: CreateFileW("\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift.hyper"): Access is denied.
Error: Tool #166: error opening database 'fremdrift_sidste_backup': There was an error during loading database "hyper.file:\\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift_sidste_backup.hyper": The database file "\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift_sidste_backup.hyper" cannot be opened in `read-write` mode: CreateFileW("\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift_sidste_backup.hyper"): Access is denied.
End: Designer x64: Finished running in 6:48 minutes

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @johand_erst,

this looks like a different error as it is telling you 'Access denied'. Are you running the scheduler with the same windows user or a service account? 

Best

Alex

johand_erst
7 - Meteor

Hi @grossal , thanks a lot much for replying! I have created a new post here

Labels