Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to publish to Tableau Online

TRINHPHAM
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

i tried to publish a dataset from alteryx 2018.2 to Tableau Online but when i fill in tableau credential to Macro tool( newest version), i got these errors below. I have re-installed few times but the errors still appear,its appreciated if anyone can take a look and give advice on my trouble.

Thanks.

T.

tableau error.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I know you probably know this but the Publish to TS has to have an incoming data stream, does this error occur when you do that? I think we also need to see what your configuration pane for the tool looks like.

Ben

TRINHPHAM
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Ben,
Thank for your response, 

As per your request, i'd like to attach the configuration as below. When i run the flow, it was unable to go to the next window to fill the Tableau site information:

flowflowtableau online configurationtableau online configuration

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

What happens when you hit connect on the tool?

Ben

TRINHPHAM
6 - Meteoroid

nothing happened, just return the same thing when started then get these errors as above

Thanks.

T

TRINHPHAM
6 - Meteoroid

It's very strange, i try to create a workflow from another computer then upload to gallery and open it in my laptop - it's worked perfectly but when i initial a connection to tableau online- it failed in configuration step-> was unable to open the configure data source window, although everything is configured properly!

gana1992
7 - Meteor

@TRINHPHAM Please tell me you were able to solve this. 

TRINHPHAM
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Gana,
Thank for your remind, already fixed by using another version of Publish to Tableau tools!

Sorry for late response!.

Regards,
T.

gana1992
7 - Meteor

@TRINHPHAM Oh that's great, thank you.

Labels