Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to pass data using the drop down option to the alteryx output File

swapsingh2712
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I'm trying to create an analytic app where user can enter data using the drop down tools and it will generate output file with all the details entered by the user. I've created a sample excel file and where I entered  the header names that needs to entered by the user and connected with the input file but not sure why it's not populating data entered by the user in the output tool.

As this app will be used by many users, I want the entries to be added in the same excel(new row) without overwriting the previous entry.

Please advise. Here are some snapshots

Regards,

Swapnil

28 REPLIES 28
swapsingh2712
8 - Asteroid

thank you

This is helpful :). Also is there any way we can preview the entire output file (data entry_master.xlsx) in alteryx?

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @swapsingh2712 

To view all records, select 'All' across each app dropdown 😊

1.PNG

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @swapsingh2712 

Trusting that this meets your requirements.  Please confirm or advise.  If so, please share, like and/or accept as solution.  Thank you

swapsingh2712
8 - Asteroid

Hello  

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @swapsingh2712 

No need to create.  You should be able to open and export the package.  Save it locally, then double-click on it.  It will open with Designer.

swapsingh2712
8 - Asteroid

tried that, but getting the attached error.

Actually I opened the file view data entry and in the select tool I saw multiple id fields.

as I'm unable to open input file, just wanted to check if the ID column was already created in the sheet

swapsingh2712
8 - Asteroid

Hello 

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @swapsingh2712 

I've modified the workflows in the attached workflow group by removing the ID creation in the View Data Entry and also added an incremental ID process in the Data Entry flow.  All good now. :checkbox:

swapsingh2712
8 - Asteroid

Hello

Thank you for all the help. Just wanted to ask you, regarding the delete data entry workflow, is it possible that instead of deleting the record, we can update the existing record. for example all the values are same, we just want to update the head count based on the record id. I tried updating it but it didn't work.

Swapnil

Labels