community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Unable to load the Rcpp package

When I try to use the R tool, I receive the following error: "Unable to load the Rcpp package - Use the R installer provided by Alteryx"

I did use the R installer to add R support. However, I've also installed R separately and successfully used that installation. It looks like Alteryx is trying to load Rcpp from that installation's lib directory instead of from C:\Program Files\Alteryx\R-3.3.2\library as can be seen in the additional error messages:

Info: R (1): R version 3.3.2 (2016-10-31) - x86_64
Error: R (1): Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
Info: R (1):   unable to load shared object 'C:/OMITTED/Rlibs/Rcpp/libs/x64/Rcpp.dll':
Info: R (1):   LoadLibrary failure:  The specified procedure could not be found.
Error: R (1): Error: Unable to load the Rcpp package - Use the R installer provided by Alteryx
Error: R (1): Execution halted
Error: R (1): The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

How can I make Alteryx's R load packages from C:\Program Files\Alteryx\R-3.3.2\library ? I actually do have Rcpp installed in the directory it is looking for, but since it's running a newer version of R perhaps there's some incompatibility between an Rcpp compiled for that version and the version Alteryx is using.

Highlighted

Also, note that "OMITTED" isn't in the actual path, but for various reasons I can't reveal the full path.

Labels