community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Unable to load the Rcpp package

Highlighted

When I try to use the R tool, I receive the following error: "Unable to load the Rcpp package - Use the R installer provided by Alteryx"

I did use the R installer to add R support. However, I've also installed R separately and successfully used that installation. It looks like Alteryx is trying to load Rcpp from that installation's lib directory instead of from C:\Program Files\Alteryx\R-3.3.2\library as can be seen in the additional error messages:

Info: R (1): R version 3.3.2 (2016-10-31) - x86_64
Error: R (1): Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
Info: R (1):   unable to load shared object 'C:/OMITTED/Rlibs/Rcpp/libs/x64/Rcpp.dll':
Info: R (1):   LoadLibrary failure:  The specified procedure could not be found.
Error: R (1): Error: Unable to load the Rcpp package - Use the R installer provided by Alteryx
Error: R (1): Execution halted
Error: R (1): The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

How can I make Alteryx's R load packages from C:\Program Files\Alteryx\R-3.3.2\library ? I actually do have Rcpp installed in the directory it is looking for, but since it's running a newer version of R perhaps there's some incompatibility between an Rcpp compiled for that version and the version Alteryx is using.

Also, note that "OMITTED" isn't in the actual path, but for various reasons I can't reveal the full path.

Labels