This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
We have seen this issue before, and there are a couple of workarounds that have been successful depending on your environment. This first workaround require changing registry settings. Changing registry settings incorrectly can cause issues for your machine, so if you do not feel comfortable doing so, work with your IT team to make the changes.
1. Open Registry Editor(regedit.exe)
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem
3. Right click on the key and Export for backup
4. Change value LongPathsEnabledfrom 0 to 1
5. Re-install reluctant YXI again (no restart should be needed).
If that first option does not work, we have seen this workaround have success as well:
1. Create a file calledAlteryxDesigner.cmdwith following content:
subst T: %TEMP%
subst T: /D
2. RunAlteryxDesigner.cmdand, when Designer is started, open the YXI file and install it.
Let me know if neither of these workarounds help you resolve the issue.