Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to find telapi.dll

MPullela
6 - Meteoroid

Issue With Alteryx.

I have been trying to Move data from an Excel File into Teradata Table using the Teradata Bulk Load Connector. I saw the following issue “Unable to find telapi.dll” – I am guessing this is related to configuration  - can some one please guide me as to how to solve this issue?

I am using Alteryx Designer 64 bit.

20 REPLIES 20
danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Could you try to recreate the ODBC souce in the system DNS and make sure that the platform column say "64-bit"? It could be some confusion between 64-bit and 32-bit drivers.

Daniel

MPullela
6 - Meteoroid

Daniel,

Thank you for all your help !!! I figured out the solution for my problem - ofcourse with your help. The ODBC Connection manager I was using was a 64 bit and looks like Teradata (Version 15.0) does not like the 64 bit Bulk Loader process... I located the 32 bit Conection manager (located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 - I am using Windows 7 OS), created the System DSN and behold it worked!!!!!! ... 

Once again thank you for all the help

Ken_Black
9 - Comet
9 - Comet

Hi,

I followed this conversation to the end and have ended up with a problem that may be similar to the problem you had (see attached graphic). However, I cannot determine what you did to resolve your issue, although I know it had to do with 32- vs 64-bit telapi.dll. Can you be more specific as to the steps you took to switch to the 32-bit version of the telapi.dll driver?

Thanks,

Ken

Ken Black
General Motors
https://datablends.us
LindaT
Alteryx
Alteryx

When installing Teradata 15.00 using TTU_Base.exe, if you selected the ODBC Driver Teradata as well as the Teradata Parallel Transporter Base, it should have updated your Path to include the directories containing the Teradata dll's required for the Bulk Loader.

For Example this was added to the front of my Path after installing.  This is what enables Alteryx to find the telapi.dll:

C:\Program Files\Teradata\client\15.00\Teradata Parallel Transporter\bin64;C:\Program Files\Teradata\client\15.00\Teradata Parallel Transporter\msg64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Teradata\client\15.00\Teradata Parallel Transporter\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Teradata\client\15.00\Teradata Parallel Transporter\msg;C:\Program Files\Teradata\Client\15.00\ODBC Driver for Teradata nt-x8664\Lib\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Teradata\Client\15.00\ODBC Driver for Teradata\Lib\;C:\Program Files\Teradata\Client\15.00\bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Teradata\Client\15.00\bin\;

ararigleno
5 - Atom
Dear,

I am a teacher at the University of Brasilia - Brazil.

Urgently need to use plugin Teradata TPT Bulk Loader.

Could you forward an example how to use it in Pentaho Data Integrations (ktr)?

thanks.
Ararigleno Fernandes
sunanda
5 - Atom

Ohh wow!! You saved my day. Thank you.

rashmi_joshi
5 - Atom

Hi Daniel,

Would you be able to elaborate in greater detail how to troubleshoot this issue?

I am using TD 15.10 and Alteryx 11.3 on a 64 bit windows laptop and keep getting the error: "Error: Input Data (1): Unable to find the dll: "telapi.dll"."

Mgohil
7 - Meteor

I'm having the same issue on 11.7 Alteryx

Fruitlord
5 - Atom

Could you please let us know the specific steps you took to resolve it?

Mgohil
7 - Meteor

Here's the solution that we used:

1)  Redownloaded the td-ttu-15.10.05_for_Windows.

2)  Then we re-installed the Parallel Transport.

Once this occurred, the issue was solved.

Labels