Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to find telapi.dll

MPullela
6 - Meteoroid

Issue With Alteryx.

I have been trying to Move data from an Excel File into Teradata Table using the Teradata Bulk Load Connector. I saw the following issue “Unable to find telapi.dll” – I am guessing this is related to configuration  - can some one please guide me as to how to solve this issue?

I am using Alteryx Designer 64 bit.

20 REPLIES 20
danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

I am 95% sure this is a driver issue. There are two (or maybe more) Teradata install sets and I guess you did not get the right one - like me the first time.

In short the BULK actions need "Teradata Parallel Transporter" TPT to perform its actions. This is also the installation that gives you the telapi.dll file. If you do not have this folder or something with a similar path, I would guess that installing TPT will solve the issue.

Here is a link for the full Teradata toolkit:

https://downloads.teradata.com/download/tools/teradata-tools-and-utilities-windows-installation-pack...

Please let me know whether this helps.

All the best,

Daniel

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@danielbrun2 is correct. For the Teradata Bulk Loader to work, it requires you to have certain Teradata APIs installed.

Please see the Help article on this for the complete list...Teradata Bulk Loader

MPullela
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you RodL and @danieldrun ... I have a similar instance on my colleague's machine which worked, but not working on my machine.

My oraganization has the same Teradata Setup across the company and we both have the same setup .. Not sure what is the difference, I tried re-installing the TD but with no luck !!!! :)

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
You are very welcome. It is not a server side issue but client based.

If you would like it, I can do a Skype session with you tomorrow. I am sure
we can fix it!

Best,
Daniel

--
Daniel Brun
+45 21 25 61 20 <++45+21+25+61+20>

a.Flæsketorvet 68, 1711 København Ve.daniel@inviso.dkt.@DanielPBrun
l.linkedin.com/in/danielbrunw.inviso.dk
Prøv Tableaueller Alteryxgratis i dag
MPullela
6 - Meteoroid

danielbrun - Thank you for extending the help - but this is a Company machine and I cannot install Skype or any other communication software.. 

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Okay - that maked it a little more difficult. Could you check whether you
have this folder: C:\Program Files\Teradata\Client\15.00\Teradata Parallel
Transporter?

And does your colleague have it?

--
Daniel Brun
+45 21 25 61 20 <++45+21+25+61+20>

a.Flæsketorvet 68, 1711 København Ve.daniel@inviso.dkt.@DanielPBrun
l.linkedin.com/in/danielbrunw.inviso.dk
Prøv Tableaueller Alteryxgratis i dag
MPullela
6 - Meteoroid

Daniel - I do have the folder and found the file Telapi.dll in the bin64 folder.. and my colleague has the folder too.

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Okay - could you send me a screenshot of the ODBC configuration. Seems like everything is installed correctly, but something might differ.

MPullela
6 - Meteoroid

I had to replace the Database name with XXXXXXXX (Company Policy). 

I noticed one more thing, I deliberately set the process to fail, like gave the name of an existing table in the output configuration  - to check if Teradata connection works and Alteryx reported a failure message saying the table exists - it does prove that I am able to connect to TD but just cannot use Bulk load.

Labels