Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to filter future months

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

Im trying to identify items with end of month dates. In this scenario, i want to filter only items on 30th of June and 31st of July.

There is 1 line item thats falls under the 31st of July however i tried using the formula shown below but it didn't work. 

I am able to get items from before June but not after.

Any advise?tempsnip2.pngtempsnip.png

12 REPLIES 12
JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

Hey Dawn!

Thank you for your response! You are right but I need something more dynamic, can't just limit it to June and July forever as this workflow will be used on a monthly basis. Having said that, @KarolinaRoza 's syntax worked! 

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

Oh thank you so much @KarolinaRoza !! 

You solved it!

Question, how does Date time trim work? I don't really get that formula, can you explain?

KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide

Hi @JinOnn,

I copied explanation of this function from Alteryx Help webpage.

I hope it will be useful for you.

I am glad that I could help you .

Regards,

Karolina

DateTimeTrim

DateTimeTrim(dt,t): Removes unwanted portions of a date-time and returns the modified date-time.

Parameters

dt: Date-time data expressed as a selected column or a specified date-time value between quotes.

t: Trim type. Options include:

• firstofmonth: Trim to the beginning of the month (this does the same as month).
  • lastofmonth: Extend to one second before the end of the last day of the month.
  • year: Trim to midnight on January 1st.
  • month: Trim to midnight on the first day of the month.
  • day: Trim to the day (i.e., midnight). This converts a date-time to a day with a time of zero (not a date).
  • hour: Trim to the hour.
  • minute: Trim to the minute.

Trimming a date-time does not round the returned value. For example, the time 15:59:59 trimmed to the hour becomes 15:00:00, not 16:00:00.

Example

DateTimeTrim("2016-12-07 16:03:00","year") returns 2016-01-01 00:00:00.

Labels