This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
I have come across an issue like this before where the platform on which the SQL instance was installed was causing the problem. The way I got around it was to create a dummy table and write the records to that table. I then wrote a POST CREATE SQL Statement which copied the records from the dummy table to the existing table. This seemed to get around the problem of directly updating a system tables from an external source. Once the Dummy table was created, it seemed fine with accepting updates from another internal table. I know this is fiddly but it got around the problem for me.